We are always looking for more volunteers, in particular on a Tuesday morning, Wednesday and a Thursday morning.
If you would like to volunteer for us in anyway, please contact Gina Bailey for an application form and to arrange a visit – firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘All the volunteers are always friendly, so helpful in every way. They give up so much time in making RDA work. They are an absolute asset to the RDA and without their commitment and hard work it would not be here for our kids to enjoy.’
Volunteering with South Bucks RDA – We rely on our volunteers to ensure disabled children and adults can ride and interact with our horses and ponies. Our volunteers work with, and are supported by our small team of staff, they also help care for our ponies and horses, look after the estate, and support our administration and fundraising.
What do volunteers do? At SBRDA our volunteers are involved in everything needed before, during and after class: grooming, tacking/untacking, leading, side-helping. Our volunteers are key to the success of our riders, supporting them during their lessons, helping them to develop skills and independence.
We run ‘Tea with Ponies’ sessions for those who enjoy being with people and animals. Our volunteers meet our visitors and introduce them to our ponies. Tea and cake are always involved.
There are always yard duties to do.
And if you want to volunteer to complete your Duke of Edinburgh award, International Baccalaureate, Pony Club badge, work experience etc we would love to see you.
‘I started volunteering at RDA for D of E but now I come because of the lovely community of volunteers, riders and horses.’
When do we need volunteers?
Class sessions are on:
Tuesday 09.00 to 12.30
Wednesday 12.00 – 3.30
Thursday 09.00- 12.30
Saturday 09.00 – 1.30
Sunday 10.00 – 2.30
Individual lessons for riders can be arranged and we often have special events taking place during school holidays. These are posted on our Facebook page – South Bucks RDA
Who makes good Volunteer?
You need to be over 14 years.
You need to have a good sense of humour.
You need empathy and understanding.
You need to want learn and pass on your knowledge.
You need to like people and/or animals.
You will have a desire to volunteer.
How do I volunteer?
- Contact South Bucks RDA for a volunteer application form.
- 01753 662796
- Come and watch a session on the day you’re interested in supporting.
- Complete the application form and return it to the office.
- Alert your 2 referees that they need to return references quickly.
- Complete a DBS check online.
- Bring in your identification documents for checking.
- Attend a ‘green card introductory training session’.
- Attend annual volunteer training.
- Attend National RDA training when offered.
- Sign up for the classes you are available to support.
- Become part of a team and community.
- Notify the centre if you are unable to attend a session.